Thursday, November 12, 2009

A new story on Copper Wire

I posted a new story on Copper Wire. "Blood Wedding" by Stephanie Hamrick is an epistolatory short story about a young woman's encounter with La Llorona.



Let me know what you think. :)

And in other news, I now have a proofreader! Woot! Someone to catch the mistakes my diseased brain makes. Sorry, loyal blog followers, I'm not paying her to proofread my posts here. You'll just have to be compassionate and understanding. :p

Yes, she's already caught the it's/its mistake I made on the website. Homonyms are the worst things for me to catch. And I DO know the correct one to use, the glitch in the brain synapses chooses the wrong one. The only solution is to hire a proofreader for my work.

2 comments:

  1. I loved loved loved that story! What a unique way to tell it! For some reason it reminded me of Blair Witch. I had to read it twice through to make sense of what went on, but I think I got it now.

    Thanks for putting it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Aubrie.

    Yes, you have to pay attention to the From and To headers and the dates so as not to get confused. That is a drawback with an epistolatory story.

    ReplyDelete