Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hoggetowne Medieval Faire

Greetings!

No, I haven't disappeared. For the past twenty four years, the City of Gainesville hosts a Medieval Faire. I have gone every year that I have lived in Gainesville and for the past four years, I have volunteered at the Faire.


This Medieval Faire is similar to a Ren Faire but different in that the City of Gainesville produces it as an educational event. Many Renaissance Festivals are run by companies to make a profit. That's not a bad thing, they're all fun, but it does give the event a different feel to it.

The past two years, the stuff that I have been doing for it requires a lot of work right before the faire. Last year, I didn't have publishing company to worry about. This year, I do. Unfortunately, this has whacked out my publishing schedule for the month of February. (The nice thing about owning the company and not having to answer to anyone but myself is that I don't have to worry about getting fired. bwahahaha) Next year, I'll plan a bit better.

I posted the January installment of Faegotten back on January 23, but I forgot to blog about it. You can go here to read it: http://www.scribblersandinkspillers.com/copperwire/tooth.html

I had hoped to have the Groundhog stories up yesterday or today, but I haven't had a chance to send the suggested changes to the authors. So, when that process gets done, they'll go up on the website.

This upcoming weekend is the last weekend of the Faire. I'm starting to play catch up on emails, edits, and submissions this week. I should be back on track in a week or so.

And if you're in the North Florida area this weekend, you should stop by the faire and check it out. It's a lot of fun!

(Disclaimer: all typos and errors in punctuation are caused by sleep deprivation and faulty brain circuits. :) )

3 comments:

  1. I love going to Medievel Faires! We have something like that in New England called King Richard's Fair. Good luck with your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana - I've tried to e-mail you a couple of times, but I'm not sure if it's gone through...shoot me a message! :)

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so crazy. That's my home-town faire! I wasn't there this year, but that's the first time since I was about a year old that I haven't been. Most of the rest of my family worked it though. Hope it was a successful year for you!

    ~Bookewyrme

    ReplyDelete