Thursday, January 20, 2011

A Feel Good Moment for Me

One of the things that I really hate doing is sending out rejection letters. For Emerald Tales it was especially hard, most of the stories that I passed on were good stories, they just didn't quite fit the theme. I had to draw the line somewhere. I tried to be supportive and encouraging with those that I passed on, but it's hard to tell whether the recipients believed me or not.

Well, I got an email from Gail Taylor, one of the writers that I had passed on, thanking me for encouraging her even though I passed on her stories. She persevered and now has a collection of short stories out, "Tornado and Other Seasons: A Collection of Short Stories", published by Punkin House.

It feels good to know that my encouragement was received as intended and acted on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment