Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Special Friend by Heather Gregson

It's up. "The Special Friend" by Heather Gregson is now posted on the website. Here's the direct link to it: "The Special Friend"

I met Heather on Absolute Write in one of those party threads with no point to it, except to pop in and shoot the breeze instead of writing. She goes by regdog on AW and on my forum and has a fondness for shooting firebolts out of her hands. (Her avatar is an anime character that I can't remember the name of. Give me a break, I'm about brain dead at the moment.) Imagine my surprise to find that this feisty woman who was always frying someone's butt or tossing them in the dungeon writes ... are you ready for this? ... children's stories and romance novels. "The Special Friend" is neither one of these, it was an experiment for Heather to write a dark story. I think she succeeded very well. Go take a look and let us know what you think.

I also found out from looking at Nathan Bransford blog that this week is Writer's Appreciation Week. And I do appreciate every writer who submits a story or poem to Scribblers and Ink Spillers. The rest of the year is Publisher's Appreciation Trimester, you may show your appreciation for your favorite publisher (that would be me, if you haven't figured it out by now) by purchasing publications for all your friends and relatives.

And now I am going back to reading the stack of submissions for Masks or Appearances can be Deceiving ...

1 comment: