Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Submissions in Emails

Just a quick post about submitting your story via email. All that fancy font work and stuff that you do to make the text look pretty? Depending on the email program that is being used, it doesn't come through. Sometimes I get a mess and have to ask the person to resend their submission. Even the resend isn't always clear. Yesterday, I got a submission that either my email program or the sender's put in a question mark symbol for every bit of punctuation. I have no idea why. Fortunately, I can read it well enough so I didn't need to ask for it to be resent.

So, save yourself some time and keep a plain text version of your story for cutting and pasting into an email submission.

1 comment:

  1. That's good to know. My email program can go either way, so from now on I'll just send everything without the fancy formatting.

    When I copy/paste my story, some paragraphs are indented and others are not, so I just make them all the same and don't indent anything. You never know how the other email program will take it. I also put a space between paragraphs to make it clear to read.

    ReplyDelete